Sideoats “El Reno”
• Warm-season, perennial, short prairie grass that can grow from 30-100 cm (12-40 inches) tall, and can usually be found on mountainous plateaus, rocky slopes, and sandy plains.
• Tolerant of drought and cold.
• One of the best grasses for foraging. Produces high-quality, nutritious forage that all types of livestock are fond of.
• Although usually at its best throughout summer and fall, it also stays palatable in the winter. This tri-seasonal longevity makes it one of the most important range grass species.
• Often used for ornamental planting thanks to its blue-green foliage and purple flowers.
• Can be blended with other native grass seeds, such as Blue Grama or Buffalograss.
• Often used for soil conservation. Played a significant role in the recovery of grasslands following the drought of the 1930s. Also recommended for range and pasture seeding, earth fill, and bank stabilization.