Mariah Germplasm Hooded Windmillgrass
Planting Rate: ⅓ to ⅔ pounds PLS per acre
Latin Name: Chloris cucullata Bisch.
- Hooded windmillgrass is a native, perennial bunchgrass with a mature foliage height ranging from 0.5-1 foot.
- Produces seed heads from May through October.
- Unlike most hooded windmillgrass populations, Mariah Germplasm also spreads vegetatively by stolons.
- Recommended for use in roadside plantings, critical site revegetation, and rangeland seed mixes.
- Can be used in many types of conservation plantings, such as grassed waterways, riparian buffers, filter strips, and pond embankments.