Cholla (Jeff Davis)
• Primarily found in the western portion of the Texas Panhandle.
• Flowers June to July
• The small yellow to olive-green flowers are usually less than 1.5 inches long.
• The common and species name, davisii, is in honor of Jefferson Davis.
• A low growing, much-branched cactus, usually less than two feet tall.
• The long, yellowish spines make this plant very conspicuous, especially when the early morning or late afternoon light shines on the spines. Gives off a “golden” appearance.