- Step 1 – If soil is compacted, lightly till.
- Step 2 – Start with a firm, weed free seed bed. Pack the seed bed if your footprint is clearly visible
- Step 3 – Broadcast seed.
- Step 4 –Roll, drag or rake to cover seed with soil.
- Step 5 – Water or wait for rain.
- Step 1 – Start with a firm, weed free seed bed. Pack the seed bed if your footprint is clearly visible
- Step 2 – Drill seed ¼” deep. Drill must have a native seed box. Grain drills will not work properly
- Step 3 – Water or wait for rain.
Tips from the Pros
- Double the seeding rate when using a broadcast application
- If any herbicide is used before planting, check plant back intervals on the label. Many herbicides will have soil residual and will effect native seed plantings
- Do not apply pre-emergent herbicides prior to mature establishment.
- Do not apply ANY herbicide until grass has germinated and is past the 5 leaf stage.
- Herbicide treatment after germination will reduce or eliminate wildflowers
- Do not apply fertilizer until mature establishment.